The following passage contains information that is specific to Windows operating systems.
This guide describes how to build FIFE on Win32-systems with the SCons build tool and the mingw compiler.
- FIFE Development Kit - the latest can be found in our Download section
- Checkout the latest sources from the Git repository
git clone email@example.com:fifengine/fifengine.git
- Unpack / install the Development Kit to <FIFE>\build\win32\
- Download and install ActivePython 2.7
- build_engine.bat builds the engine from the trunk sources
- cleanup_engine.bat deletes the files that were created by the engine build process
- logbuild_engine.bat creates a log file ( engine_build_log.txt) of the trunk core build process
- install_engine.bat installs FIFE to <python>\Lib\site-packages\fife
Building FIFE will only work if you click on the batch files or execute them from the <FIFE>\build\win32\build_environments\scons\ directory. Launching the bat files with the commandline interface outside of this folder will NOT work!
Rio de hola
Note: OpenAL needs to be installed for sound (can be found in FIFE SDK)