From FIFE development wiki
Feel free to add additional topics that you would like to see being discussed. This article will be used for publishing the results of the meeting later as well.
- We'll stick to the Rio de hola concept and improve it step by step.
- Due lack of manpower we won't try to turn it into a full-featured game at this point.
- We agreed on creating a proposal article for editor improvements.
- The FIFE-based 3rd party game developers will contribute to the article in case they have specific editor-related needs.
- Audio module: The engine doesn't handle a large number of emitters gracefully, even if they aren't in "hearing range" - icelus volunteered to take a look at the problem. Assigning priorities to emitters/sounds, so that important nofifications aren't dropped would be a good feature.
- Build system: interested stakeholders will create a proposal how to improve the FIFE build system. Possible options are:
- Improving the current scons scripts. What does not work well ATM?
- Adding support for additional build systems.
- Replacing scons with a superior alternative.
- Yonibear__ wants to implement a working CMake system, we'll check back, when that works ... and see if we switch.
- Maploader: vtchill creates a proposal how the maploader could be improved and lists pros and cons of a C++ and Python maploader.
- Renderer: no support for actual 3d models.
- Renderer redesign: a volunteer creates a separate article at the wiki featuring the following information:
- Issues of the current rendering code.
- Profiling logs.
- Proposals how the renderer could be redesigned / improved.
- UTF8 / gettext: Phoku creates a branch for UTF8 support and will report back in a month about his findings.
- Blender scripts: introduce example blender scripts into trunk/utils/blender that can be customized by other projects to render their isometric graphics. Zero-Projekt team offered their help.
- Proposals: Introduce a proposals category where all kind of engine improvements are investigated before being presented to a bigger audience.
- Meetings: we've agreed to reintroduce monthly meetings again. The following guidelines apply:
- List of topics is compiled at the Meetings page.
- Speakers should create a proposal beforehand if they would like to discuss a specific topic so that discussion can happen on an informed basis.
- After each meeting results will be compiled at the specific meeting article.
- After each meeting a new poll will be created at the forums to find a date for the next meetings that most developers can attend.
- SVN structure: christoph creates a proposal how the SVN structure could be changed to avoid long checkout times due Rio de hola size while avoiding having a separate repository for the FIFE clients.
- Website: rename the blog to either:
- FIFE development blog.
- FIFE game engine blog.
- Time budget of the developers:
- wenlin: about 5 - 10 hours per week.
- vtchill about 10 hours per week.
- icelus will try to contribute to FIFE.
- chewie will try to contribute to editor development with feedback from Zero-Projekt.
- barra is working on PARPG and will help me with translation work if needed.
- the other developers are currently short of time.