This article contains a list of topics for as well as the results of the June developer IRC meeting.
Sunday, 14th of June, 4:30PM GMT.
List of topics
Progress in regard of the pathfinder redesign.
Instead of re-writing the entire pathfinder fife, we decide to take some small steps first. The following are some goals we wish to achieve in the next month.
- Get rid of the unused linearpather section, and test all current fife games.
- Combine RoutePatherSearch and Search, then test the changes for all current fife games.
- Add a function to return the path for a given instance. Provide the functionality to UnknownHorizon developer for testing.
- Understand QuadTree more. Reference book: Programming Game AI by Example by Mat Buckland.
- Looking at other methods commonly used for pathfinding in different types of games