This article contains a list of topics for as well as the results of the September developer IRC meeting.
Sunday, 13th of September, 4:30PM GMT.
Thread at the forums: http://forums.fifengine.net/index.php?topic=299.0
List of topics
- Upcoming release:
- Version scheme
- Light branch merge
- Finish testing getPath functionality and merge to trunk
- Create return linear path function: getLinearPath (per Zero / chewie request)
- Start to think the solution for multilayer path finder
- Python coding standards
- C++ Tutorials
- How to build fife for C++ (static vs. dynamic)
- Project details and link to project hosting
- We will go for a 0.x.y[.z] version naming scheme
- We will release more often
- Feature freeze before 0.x.y releases
- Each 0.x.y release gets a new tag
- No backporting fixes are necassary until API is stable
- 0.3 will be released by octover
- The tasks in the 2009.1 milestone should be completed
Light branch merge
Vtchill will look over the changes and merge it to trunk
- Will not be ready for 0.3.0, but may be ready for 0.3.1
Python coding standards
- Removed "This article is currently only a proposal"
- A stickied thread should be created in the forums, so all developers can review the article
Vtchill will continue to use static linking for now, and work on his fife-tutorials project.
We need more than one person to be able to create SDKs. We will create a guide for creating them. It (probably) is not necessary to copy the includes for each compiler. This will save around 90MB of disk space, and remove 13500 files.