Dec 04 meeting
About the lua+xml gui
I like it; how hard is it gonna be?
about my xml stuff
there are now two maps (test_map.xml & working_map.xml) and some helpers to create tilesets (the graphics only); actually the helpers can do more than the demo maps show, a problem of creating more tiles (seamless), writing the appropriate xml (simple; follow the examples and validate with dtd) and mainly doing some math for the tile ids.
Still thinking about howto assign ids in a way that allows an automated way to figure out tile borders for regions in generated noisemaps (like raw_map.bmp); the second column of the tileset is only used in working_map.xml.
Jan 29 Meeting
Floor+Roof vs. Map with height (2 'height layers' vs. arbitrary height layers)
Being a 'let's have height advocate' I will post my points, i hope I make it clear. I will leave the cons to the exercise of the reader.
- Floors and roofs can be treated the same way by the engine
- It partly simplifies, as it treats these two things in a single way
- In the other hand, map rendering logic will probably get more complex (or be better thought out)
- It will add more flexibility to the engine
Brazilian Joe - Jan 25, 2006
Sunday, 24th of March 2006 meeting
- Mailing list problems
- MapView discussion
- "Bumpy" scrolling
- Drawing order problems
- Alphablending concept?
- XMLmap support?
- What's needed till we could start with the lighting aspect?
- FIFE gfx format
- Volunteers for the implementation?
- FIFEdit status update
- Zoom feature
- FPS improvements?
- Animation tool?
- Lua 5.1 vs Lua 5.0x
Just posted this here as we wanted to discuss it but with Phoku missing we'll postpone these topics.
MvBarracuda 15:40, 7 April 2006 (CEST)