The following passage contains information that is specific to Windows operating systems.
This guide describes how to build FIFE on Win32-systems with the Code::Blocks IDE and the mingw compiler.
- Get the latest sources from the Git repository
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:fifengine/fifengine.git
- Unpack / install the Win32 DevKit to <FIFE>\build\win32\
- Download and install ActivePython 2.7
- Run <FIFE>\build\win32\update_project_files.bat to update the file list and generate the necessary SWIG wrappers for python. This step needs to be run every time you update your local files to ensure that SWIG will always create working wrappers that are based on the latest code!
- Open and build <FIFE>\build\win32\build_environments\code_blocks\fife_engine.cbp
Note: OpenAL needs to be installed for sound (can be found in FIFE SDK)