Windows install guide
The following passage contains information that is specific to Windows operating systems.
|Proposed for removal!|
|Wiki administrators will decide its removal!|
This article explains how to install official releases for Win32.
Download and installation
- Get ActivePython 2.7 32bit and install it. Make sure you do NOT install the 64bit version of it, even if you're running a 64bit Windows! FIFE is currently not compatible with 64bit Python distros, but will work fine with 32bit Python even on a 64bit Windows system.
- Download the latest stable version from the download section.
- Start the downloaded installer
- Install FIFE to a location of your choice, e.g.: C:\FIFE
- Install the Open AL driver (oalinst.exe).
Running FIFE demos
Information about how to run the demos that ship with FIFE can be found in our Run FIFE demos article.