Windows install guide
From FIFE development wiki
Revision as of 13:16, 4 May 2007 by Jasoka
Download and installation
- Download the latest stable version from the download section.
- Start the downloaded installer (selfextracting 7zip archive)
- Install FIFE to a location of your choice:
- Copy the master.dat & critter.dat files from your Fallout 1/2 CD to:
- Move to:
- Run the fife.bat to start FIFE.
- You can use every map you find in the maps_fo1.txt | maps_fo2.txt | maps_xml.txt files instead of newr1.map by editing fife.bat.
Key bindings of the current release
"r" -> toogle roof rendering off / on "o" -> toogle object rendering off / on "f" -> toogle frames per second counter off / on "+" -> increase brightness * "-" -> decrease brightness * "p" -> create screenshot "e" -> switch between elevations "x" -> increase the degree of alphablending "s" -> decrease the degree of alphablending "t" -> toggle tile grid off / on "g" -> toogle object (hex) grid off / on "F10" -> toggle console on / off
* we need feedback if this works for the majority of the users